Saturday, November 1, 2008

In absentia

I finally received my degree in the mail. Everyone's been telling me that I should have gone to the graduation ceremony, but obviously people don't know me that well. I hate formal events, and moving to another state has given me the perfect excuse for not attending the ceremony. Although M threatened to put me on the plane himself, but I beat him to the punch and ticked the graduate in absentia box. Though I think I should take a photo of it and send it to my parents as proof that I did graduate! It's taken me years (not that I failed anything) because I have committment issues. Three years in the one area is enough to give me itchy feet, and I rarely do anything full-time (always working or doing something else).

The degree came in a post-pack tube. M was excited for me when he handed it over. Dog was excited too for another reason. I put it away in the bedroom. I was talking to M in the kitchen when we heard chewing sounds coming from the room. I went to check it out and there was Dog on the floor happily chewing the tube. The little bugger.

No comments: