Friday, March 27, 2009

Ever since M's been away, Dog has been waking me up at all hours. I was woken up by some strange noises, like someone or something trying to break into the rabbit hutch, in the wee hours of this morning. I didn't hear any distress sounds coming from the rabbits, but then Dog started getting really agitated. He ran into the room and stuck his head out the window. So I got up and let him out the back door. He ran around the yard for a few minutes, sniffing around and sounding anxious. So I let him out the front. He charged out and disappeared for awhile. I tried calling him but he was off into the woods. So I had to grab the torch and go check it out. I didn't see much, but the rabbits and guinea pigs were okay. Dog came back and began marking his territory all over again. A few hours later he was still agitated, so I let him out the back, where he barked every half an hour or so, just as I was beginning to fall back asleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weird. Do you let Dog sleep on the bed with you? My cat runs around all night long, scratching and howling and jetting across the floor until I let him onto the bed.

Eucalyptus and Lime said...

Dog is definitely not allowed on the bed. He has a bed in the hallway for the nights that he's allowed to come in (which is most nights) otherwise he sleeps in his kennel outside.